To-Gather Cafe

by - September 19, 2017

To start off, the name is a huge LOL, and their tagline is "the more we get together, the happier we'll be". Admit it, you sang that didn't you ;)  But name aside, the food here is ridiculously good for the price you pay (most mains are below $12). 10 points to the East!
 
Food: 4/5
Price: $/$$$
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Tip: They are known for their lava cakes so save your stomach space for some!
 
DSC08605
The first thing you will notice when you step in is the wall full of post-it notes on them. It's a cute idea to have patrons leave little messages behind. It's very much in line with the theme of gathering together to create memories. The booth seats have meaningful quotes painted on the walls too.
 
DSC08609 DSC08606
 
Moving on to the food, I wanted to order everything on the menu because they're inexpensive and sounded really good. We started off with their popular Mexican quesadilla and a healthy salad. Actually the latter is my dining companion's dinner, because, healthy living yo.
 
DSC08614
Mexican Quesadilla- $7.50
I quite like that the quesadilla had a substantial amount of cheese and grilled chicken slices for the price you're paying. But when I mean substantial, I mean substantial for $7.50. If you are looking for a fully stuffed quesadilla, you will be disappointed. The quesadilla came piping hot and that added the 'shiok' factor.
 
DSC08612
Healthy Salad with Chicken- $11.90
Okay so I don't have much to say about this because it basically just tastes like an average salad. Don't get me wrong, I love salads (in fact, I have them for lunch almost every weekday) but I don't know how to describe a normal salad.
 
DSC08616
Grilled Pandan Chicken Chop- $9.90
The most exciting dish for me has got to be this Pandan Chicken Chop. I mean hello, PANDAN!!! I love pandan and was intrigued as to how the flavours would match up. And to my surprise, this was absolutely delicious. The chicken was juicy and the pandan sauce (which was actually coconut sauce) went really well together to create an interesting savory (instead of sweet) dish! No wonder this was one of their most popular mains.
 
DSC08620
Matcha Lava Cake 
(the price with ice cream is $7.20, but you can order without it)
So I only had 1 stomach sadly, if not I would have also ordered their chocolate lava cake and their Hojicha swiss roll. See, I told you everything on their menu sounds uuuhhhhmazeballs. But anyway, I decided to go for the matcha lava cake (cause hello, matcha) and it was simply heavenly. The cake wasn't overly sweet and was of a nice density. The matcha lava was very rich and smooth and complimented the cake really well. You cannot leave this place without trying their lava cakes!
 
DSC08610
Butterscotch Iced Café Latte - $4.70
I love how affordable their coffees are, but I have to say my butterscotch iced café latte did not taste of butterscotch. It was just really milky so I guess you might as well order their normal latte.
 
I really, really like this place. The price point is a big draw plus they do not scrimp on the quality or the quantity. How do they do it? Is it because they're housed under a HDB so the lease is cheaper?
 
To-Gather Cafe 
Address: 84 Bedok North Street 4, # 01-25 / 27, Singapore 460084
 
 

You May Also Like

1 comments