Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New York Grand Kitchen

Hey guys! Taking a short break from posts on Australia to bring you updates on the local scene!

So it's been quite a while since the fountain area at Suntec renovated and many new restaurants have popped up! One of those is New York Grand Kitchen and what really drew me to try them out is their salad buffet. I am such a huge sucker for salad buffets. Even though I know that that means I'm filling my tummy with tons of vegetables and I won't be able to finish my main course (which is thus, a waste of money), I just cannot resist.

I mean, dude, it's a salad buffet!

Okay fine, that probably sounds amazing to me alone.

IMG_4908 IMG_4909 IMG_4910

Overall the salad spread is pretty decent, nothing fancy. But what's really important is serving fresh vegetables which they do.

IMG_4911

pork ribs with choice of sides (macaroni and cheese, and fries)
Pretty standard pork ribs which you can pretty much find anywhere. Definitely not as great as Tony Rama's, which I don't think is fantastic anyway. But it's well worth the money because it's super reasonably priced and all mains comes with the salad buffet.

IMG_4912

Rotisserie Chicken with choice of sides (macaroni and cheese, and mash potato)
This is their signature dish and it's actually pretty good! The skin's slightly sweet and the meat is pretty tender. Again if I were to compare, it isn't as good as Poulet's. And it costs about the same. But this one here comes with the salad buffet so again, really decently priced. 

In all honesty, I love the sides so much more. The macaroni and cheese is super yummy- they use penne instead and it's cooked al dente. Their mash is great too. I really like the mushiness of it.

IMG_4920
  
buffalo wings

I love buffalo wings in general but at the same time, I'm really picky. I can't have buffalo wings coated with Tabasco sauce because it's way too salty. The ones here are a tad too salty for me, although their chicken's fried to a golden crisp. The batter's pretty light too. 
I prefer the slightly sweeter version which Timbre serves. Reminds me a lot of the buffalo wings which my tuition teacher used to feed me when I was in primary school. That probably influenced my preference in buffalo wings as that was the earliest exposure I had to the dish.

Overall, the food's decent and reasonably priced. Plus the mains come with the salad buffet so if you're looking for a value for money place to dine in Suntec City, New York Grand Kitchen would probably be one the best places to visit.


New York Grand Kitchen
#B1-133, #B1-172 
Suntec City Mall
3 Temasek Boulevard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...