Monday, March 10, 2014

Boon Tong Kee

Boon Tong Kee is no stranger to the chicken rice scene in Singapore. Although Tian Tian chicken rice at Maxwell is all the rage now, Boon Tong Kee hasn't lost its magic. My parents love Boon Tong Kee and on one random weekday night, my dad drove us all the way to the restaurant to have some yummy, but expensive, chicken rice. 

The only qualm I have with Boon Tong Kee is how expensive their chicken is. I mean when I'm used to eating a plate of chicken rice for only $3.50, having half a chicken for close to $20 (or is it $25???!) is a luxury. But I guess it wouldn't hurt once in a while! 

2014-01-25 05.33.32 1

Boon Tong Kee's chicken is super yummy, as most people would already know. Super smooth and moist steamed chicken coupled with savory sauce, it honestly is just heavenly. 

2014-01-25 05.33.10 1

Poached chinese spinach with assorted eggs. This is a first for me and I have to say I absolutely love it! The combination of salted egg and century egg and chicken egg gives the otherwise bland spinach a really interesting flavour- salty and slightly sweet at the same time.

2014-01-25 05.33.21 1

Crispy beancurd- now this is another favourite for me! I will never forget how super crispy the skin is and yet when you bite it, the skin crumbles and you're left with super duper soft and silky tofu. 

2014-01-25 05.33.44 1

Boon Tong Kee
List of outlets: http://www.boontongkee.com.sg/outlets.html
(p.s I THINK I went to either the Ang Mo Kio or Whampoa outlet. I would recommend that you call and check the outlet you want to go to see if they serve any of the above dishes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...