Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gold Forever

So recently I was introduced to this project called 100 happy days. Apparently you need to post a photo of what makes you smile everyday for 100 days and you can share it on any of the available social media platforms! According to the website, by doing this, you will realize just how much there is to be happy about in life. It also says that 71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed because they didn’t have time to complete it! That's a HUGE number!

So I decided to take up this challenge because I wanted to be more appreciative of my life and cultivate happiness from within myself! I really do hope that by the end of the challenge, life's greatest mysteries will be revealed to me and I will attain some form of enlightenment and the BAM! I've become a much much much happier person! If only life works this way right. But oh well, I'm going to give it a try and hopefully be able to complete 100 days successfully! 

I'm 2 days into the challenge and here are the photos so far:
Day 1: Having dinner with my room mate Trudy! 

I have to say, I love work so far. There's so much I'm thankful for . I have amazing fellow trainees who never fail to make me smile everyday. Trudy deserves special mention because that girl brings joy and laughter every single day! I can't remember a day since I started work when we didn't laugh while chatting! Another great thing about work is of course the hours! I had mentally prepared myself to stay till like 11pm every night but hey, so far so good! And I have a great team! My colleagues are really funny people and super duper nice! I wonder how I can capture all these into photos though because if I could I think it'll be beyond 100 happy days.

Day 2: Dinner with my family

Day 2 is just today so hey, this post is actually not backdated! Every Wednesday is family night because we always have a family dinner. My dad's off day is on Wednesday. No idea why it's on such a weird weekday but that's not the point! I always make it a point to have dinner with my family every Wednesday and we always get to eat yummy food! Love the zi char place near my house seriously one of the better zi char I've had!

So I've chosen Instagram as my sharing platform and you can follow me there to check out the next 98 days of happy pictures! I've been addicted to this song by The Wanted called Gold Forever. Because ph and I had 3.5 years together, we have so so much great memories. Our holiday in Korea, for example, is one of the best holidays of my life. Heck, probably even one of the best moments of my life. Listening to Gold Forever has given me so much positivity whenever memories surface in my mind. I know everyone's going to be like huh that's damn lame, but honestly I think songs are an amazing source of energy! 

And honestly, no matter where our lives take us, we will look back and realize that some days/memories are just irreplaceable and gold forever. 

"We could rule the world someday somehow, 
but we'll never be as bright as we are now.
The memory of being here with you,
Is one I'm gonna take my life through,
Cause some days stay gold forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...