Friday, September 7, 2012

Terry Katong Laksa

Food Recommendation

20120819-205514-DSC_5180

I'm BACK to introduce more yummy food! I was at Bukit Timah Food Centre a while back to visit my daddy. His boss opened a side business of selling Katong laksa O.O I mean of all the side business you can go into, you had to choose selling laksa?!

20120819-210120-DSC_5203

But I gotta give his boss full credit because the laksa is MEGA AWESOME. I am NOT bias okay. This recommendation is true and honest in every single way. I prefer Terry Katong Laksa because it's cheap and they don't compromise on portions! The last time I had Katong Laksa at Katong, they gave me super little laksa :(
20120819-205911-DSC_5196

Plus there's NO MSG! They really spam coconut milk and gosh the laksa broth is amazing! It's not too spicy and it's thick! Plus the prawns and really fresh! Personally, I think the broth is the most important part of laksa. So if you can cook an awesome broth, it's 99% of the battle won.  

My only advice? Please don't eat laksa every week or you'll get so sick of it, you'll never eat again. Daddy told me that he used to have 2 regular customers who bought Terry Katong Laksa EVERY SINGLE DAY. But they stopped coming after 1 month -.- I was surprised that they didn't die of laksa poisoning. 

20120819-210044-DSC_5200

Daddy introduced this stall which sells carrot cake for $2!! TWO FREAKING BUCKS! Where else can you find such pricing nowadays? They don't compromise on portion okay! And the best part is that it tasted so damn freaking good! Not as good as the one at Chomp Chomp I must say, but second to it!

20120819-210102-DSC_5202

Next up is the famous Penang Char Kway Teow. The queue is always FREAKING LONG so be prepared to queue! This version of Char Kway Teow is less oily and less brown (which means it's less sweet). Plus the noodles are thinner. I like the fact that it's less oily but I don't like it that it's less sweet. I can't decide if I prefer this or the Singapore style, but either way, this Char Kway Teow is definitely worth eating. 

20120819-210933-DSC_5217

Go have some delicious laksa and carrot cat when you're free! Though the place is so goddamn far, I promise it'll be worth the journey. If you know me, you can mention it to my dad and who knows, maybe he'll give you more prawns or cockles! :D

20120819-205938-DSC_5197

Terry Katong Laksa
Bukit Timah Food Centre

116 Upper Bukit Timah Road


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...